What we have to offer
Inheritance Tax Advice
Inheritance Tax is of importance even for persons of ordinary means. We can help with issues arising on death as well as during life.
Separation & Divorce
We can assist with all aspects of divorce and separation, including advising cohabiting couples who are not married or in a civil partnership.
Wills & Powers of Attorney
Our services include the preparation of Wills and Powers of Attorney that are tailored to your needs.
We offer a wide range of services in relation to residential and commercial conveyancing, including commercial leasing and advising on title issues.
Corporate & Commercial Matters
Our services for the business-man extend over a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including registered office and secretarial services.
Our services within construction law area are diverse and include advisory and drafting work as well as litigating, arbitrating or adjudicating construction disputes.
At IDLP in recognition of the fact that each client is distinct, no two clients having identical interests, we put the needs and interests of the client first and seek to provide a highly individualised service which is tailored to our clients’ individual needs.
To this end it is our aim:
- to communicate effectively with our clients in ways that are suitable to them and in a manner that will preserve confidentiality;
- to work in partnership with our clients in identifying their desired objectives and to liaise closely with them in achieving these objectives;
- carefully to define the services to be provided and discuss with clients the basis upon which fees will be charged;
- to carry out all work competently, efficiently and timeously;
- to keep clients fully apprised of all relevant developments in relation to the services provided and keep them advised as to the level of disbursements or outlays which require to be expended on their behalf;
- to advise clients whenever a conflict of interest arises which might be prejudicial to their interests;
- to provide sound and practical advice which transcends the purely legal with a view to providing added value in relation to decision making;
- to provide our clients with a written statement of our Terms of Business setting out clearly what is to be done and the basis upon which it will be charged.
International & Domestic Law Practice
We offer services in relation to issues having an international element or a foreign legal dimension, whether in a business or a personal context.
In our increasingly globalised world, and despite Britain’s withdrawal from the EU, legal issues which have an international dimension are expected to proliferate. We have experience in relation to foreign arbitrations conducted under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce and in assisting and securing representation in litigations in other countries where vital commercial interests are at stake. Important issues can also arise outwith the context of business and commerce and can affect the private individual in a variety of respects. A thorough grounding in private international law is a notable aspect of our practice.